Monday, February 25, 2008

A real life mommy moment

Try to create this scenario in your mind. We are at Target. Yes, all three boys are with me and I am already in a rather foul mood because of having to spend money on things that I don't appreciate. The youngest starts the celebration with loud ear-shattering screaming so I gracefully swing into the baby aisle and whip open a box of teething biscuits (why do they call them that? they should be called "dissolve all over your baby's face and make him look like he has been smeared with pancake batter biscuits" sorry, I digress...Let's move on) As I am heading for the accessories department, the oldest lays down on the bottom rack of the shopping cart and gets his foot stuck in the metal bars. I think to myself, "sweet!! now he can't get away" and I pick up my pace. As I round the handbag isle the middle child lifts a bottle of fingernail polish off the nearby shelf and proceeds to express his artistic abilities. Luckily for him it was a stunning shade of red that matched the green color coming out of his nose. Truly, he looked quite festive. Meanwhile the oldest's protests are drawing attention and three kind employees start the rescue process. I seize the opportunity for adult conversation and ask them which purse they think goes best with my shoes. All the while, all of us (including myself) are doing the "I've got to pee" dance. Now that I think about it, It was really funny. But it wasn't at the time. In fact I left with a tremendous headache. But I was successful. You will be happy to know that I got 22 pairs of girly socks, 1 pair of black nylons, 2 colors of nail polish (yes one is a stunning shade of red), 1 stylish purse, and 2 pairs of dangle earrings. They were out of leg wax (yes, I was disappointed too). No, I did not even attempt to shop for underwear. I think that would have been REALLY traumatic for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Some days (like the ones where I read blogs like this), I am SO thankful to have a girl! who doesn't like to be messy, is always asking for a napkin, and wants to do everything just right!!!

    I probably shouldn't speak too soon huh? Tobin will share is dark (I mean dirty) side with me soon right???

    Love you Sarah!!!
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so you totally had me laughing at the last blog, and then even MORE after this one too! I can just see it all unfolding!
    I am glad for your openness and hope that you do not mind my laughter at your stories ... really, I'm laughing WITH you and because I can totally empathize with you!

    ReplyDelete