Sunday, February 24, 2008

End of the rose colored stories

My friend and I were talking today about our blogs. She mentioned how people tend to put only the realy cute or rosy colored stories on line. She dared me to write about the not-so-rosy colored stuff. And I took the challenge. So this week I am going to write about the real, the dirty, the nitty gritty. You will probably learn a lot about me...AND IT AIN'T GONNA BE PRETTY!! Here goes.

So today my husband noticed that I was wearing a pair of his socks...again. This got us on the conversation about how I hate to spend money on bras, underwear, and socks for myself. Its stuff that nobody sees anyway, so who cares if they are ratty-tatty? In the same vein, I hate painting my toe nails. What a laborous thing to do, especially in the winter when...NOBODY SEES THEM!! I mean really....Who cares?! and another thing...in the winter time I don't spend copious amounts of time shaving my knee caps. Honestly, I really didn't think that anyone noticed. Don't get me wrong, I don't let them grow untill I could play volleyball with my two hairy knee pads or anything. I just don't meticulously go over them. My thought has been "nobody sees them so nobody cares?" Well, today Cheyne informed me that he notices and he is a somebody. He happens to like matching undergarments, painted toes, and smooth legs. I was shocked!! That never occured to me. So, in a spiritual act of dying to self and thinking of my husband as more important me, tomorrow I will be doing what I detest. I will be shopping, painting, and waxing. Yes, I am taking submission to a whole new level. Pray for me.

P.S. He also mentioned that he likes dangle earrings but said that he could live without them due to so many toddlers in the house. OUCH!! See, isn't he a sweet heart?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! I LOVE this post!!! You hit the nail on the head for this house too :)

    Have fun shopping, painting and waxing!

    Miss you...
    Linds

    ReplyDelete