Tuesday, February 19, 2008

...for such a time as this.

The title of this blog sounds whimsical...almost romantic, doesn't it? You can say it with kind of a breathy whisper voice and think of all of the precious little instances you had today with your cute little bundles of joy, or get that sweet gleam in your eye as you think of your special someone. I guess you could do that, but that is not really the vein in which I intended it. I was more thinking of Mordecai when he exhorted Queen Ester to step out dangerously to be the champion of her people, who were on the brink of destruction. "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for a time such as this. " I read this, then I think of Ephesians 2:10 that says "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." It is daunting to think that the God of the universe has sovereignly placed me in Spokane Wa, in the year 2008, for a time such as this. I often get lost in the mundane minutia of everyday life and forget that I was created for a time such as this. My husband needs prayer, encouragment, support...and I have been raised for a time such as this. Yes, God could raise up deliverance for my children from anyone....but I have come to this royal position for a time such as this. My friends and neighbors need to see Jesus...and I am here for a time such as this. (my husband just said that he needs his taxes done...and I am here for a time such as this :) I encourage all of you see how God has raised you up for a time such as this and step out with courage.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement. It was a welcomed reminder to walk on the path God has for each of us.

    ReplyDelete