Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 2

French toast with pumpkin- Excellent!! I found some raisin bread in the back of my bread box and that with pure maple syrup on top was fabulous. I am noticing a funny pattern developing. Andrew likes to help be cook. When I get the purees out of the freezer he wrinkles his nose and says, "Eeewwwww!! Gross. I would never eat that." Then he helps me pour it into the batter. He stirs. I bake. Viola!! He eats double portions, then comments, "I am glad you were just joking about making me eat that gross stuff."
It's true. We have been eating well. Breakfast was great. For lunch I served the leftover soup and applesauce muffins. And for dinner we had meatloaf and mashed potatoes. We topped everything off with berry frozen yogurt pops. My kids ate it all with out a complaint. I was surprised by that because usually my kids don't/won't eat mashed potatoes, but with the motivation of the pops for dessert, they cleaned their plate.
So let's review.
I give the french toast a 10.
Mashed potatoes with cauliflower rates 10. I used 2% milk instead of skim and real butter due to the fact that I have some skinny kids running around here.
The meatloaf with carrot I will rate an 8. The flavor was excellent, but the consistency was a little lacking. Instead of firming up upon cooking, it stayed creamy. It's true that I used ground beef instead of ground turkey, so maybe that effected the results. I don't know.
So, according to my estimation my kids and I have eaten 6 different kinds of veggies today. That is a new all time record!! Way to go, me!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I saw you updated your blog and so I just had to stop and read it. I'm glad you had such a good result!

    You are WAY ahead of me. I do have dinner completed (Bean and ham soup in the crock pot)....with tomatoes :) but we haven't had dinner yet. I am SO SLOW these days!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete