Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ponderings

Well, we have been here two weeks now. We are mostly unpacked. We have a few pictures up on the wall. We have met most of our neighbors. We are starting to settle in. As most of you know... we have not just moved into a new house. We have, for the first time, become the "Cheyne Keevy family...on our own" edition. The last time we were on our own Isaac was only 4 months old and our two little ones didn't even exist. So, as the last two weeks have unfolded, I have found myself pondering. Who are we? Who are the "Cheyne Keevy's" when no one else is around? What do we stand for? Are we fun? Are we strict? What do we talk about at the dinner table? How do we live differently so that we draw our neighbors to Christ? Will my children influence their friends or be influenced?
I feel like as I get to know this new house and neighborhood, I am also reaquainting myself with my family. I feel this need to turn off the phones, close the doors and just love on them. It has been such a joy to spend so much uninterupted time with them. I really like my family!! God has blessed me so much with such wonderful people. I am looking forward to figuring out who we are. I know that with the help of Scripture, the Holy Spirit, and your prayers... we are going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment